streetkidsrp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

streetkidsrp

Calvin Was Here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Recruit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackEndWhite

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:58 pm

Earth. Such a simple planet, yet filled with material and populated greatly. Every single member of Earth was unaware though, that their planet was actually connected to one that seemed to be a replica. Or was it vice-versa?

Every so often, human-like creatures from the other planet would visit Earth. How they did it without being noticed was the difficult part. Difficult, meaning impossible for humans to understand. The ones who inhabited the second world were human-ish indeed, but they were granted with power - infinite power - that could be used for good. . . or evil. The sides taken were not just to fight on one planet, no. They were taken and fought over many planets, all in one galaxy.

Of course, their population isn't perfect. It is filled with the same hatred for other races, except countries do not fight. They instead fight one common enemy, who grows rapidly in strength and size by day. It is uncertain if they will end the battle, but they cannot stop fighting until then.

---

"Remember, if you don't come back with them, you'll have to work solo. Meaning no complex missions."

What great advice, thought Brandon. He took a final glance. The room he was in was painted completely black. Pure black, blacker than the darkest moment of the night. Inside were just two occupants: Brandon and an old woman named Ellen.

"I will only be able to keep the teleportion for an hour," she said, in a creaky voice. "You know your target. I will have you appear a few hundred feet away. You must convince him to join you."

Brandon nodded and sat down cross-legged. He watched Ellen do the same, her curly, wispy, black hair moving slightly. Her wrinkled face seemed to drop farther every word, and he desperately wanted her to silence.

"Meditate. You will know when you're on Earth. I trust you have the buzzer? Press it whenever and you'll both come back rather quickly.""

He closed his eyes and began to clear his mind. . . It was a calming process, but an important one nevertheless. Suddenly, his body began to feel lighter.

This must be the teleportation.

There was a thud, a body hitting the ground. A groan escaped Brandon's lips. "I didn't think she meant I would be dropped . . ." he commented, clearly unimpressed of the scenery on Earth. Earth. . .

Yes, this mean it. He was on Earth!

He looked around, his bright blue eyes trying to take in everything their swirls could. But it was useless. Everything was the same as his planet, Pungae. And it also was apparently Spring, not fall like on Pungae, as indicated from the sprouting leaves on trees, and by the sounds of children screaming and laughing.

This made him realize he was in a forest. Not just any forest though, but one near an important park. A state park, as he recalled. He knew he wasn't very well hidden because he could see people when he came to a stand.

". . . Oh well. Since everything is boring. . . let's go find him." Brandon couldn't have whispered softer as he climbed out of the beginning of the forest and into the area that people were enjoying so much.

Ah, humans. Never having to worry about being attacked by the "super-natural" or any of that. Except the fact that one of them here is going to be my partner..

He began walking around, getting weird looks from his entrance that soon turned calm when he seemed to be friendly and not harmful. His hair was a mess. Just kidding, he had a crew-cut too short to be considered hair other than that they were giving a light-brown color to the top. He also learned humans were not short, nor were they tall compared to Pugnaians. He stood near the same height as some of the grown men walking around. Some were taller, a bunch shorter. But none were his target.

He realized how weird it seemed to be wearing a jacket in the heat, but he did not take it off. He liked it warm, which was a lovely compliment to that his strongest element he had was electricity. Both generated much heat. . .

So he walked around in a light-brown jacket that covered his white t-shirt. Oh, and of course his gray sweatpants. While the two planets were so different, they were also similar.

The comparison was the only thing that Brandon thought about until it hit him. Well, almost hit him. He had been gazing off at the side when he suddenly looked forward and stopped, just a few inches away from hitting someone.

That someone was his target.

"It's. . . you."

[OOC: Don't give me too hard of a time, lol.]
Back to top Go down
L.

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Zero shifted uncomfortably and tweaked his black, tight-knit stocking cap and cleared his throat. He didn't want to be rude and scoff him, Zero was usually quite reserved. Nevertheless, he reached inside his coat and gripped the cold cryogenic-platinum, ruby encrusted hilt of his shinbu blade. "Er- Who, exactly?"
Back to top Go down
BlackEndWhite

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:08 pm

By now Brandon's eyes returned from widened in shock, to his normal state. His mouth curled slightly into a smile. He knew exactly what he was going to say to convince Zero. Zero, yes, this was the man's name. He knew everything already, everything important at least. But there were people around. Ah, what an annoyance. It could cause a riot in Earth, or a great fear resulting in the planet's downfall. No, Brandon could not do anything with them around.

Zero was still waiting for his reply. He would not wait forever. And Brandon could not let Zero get away, and he definitely could not speak of Pugnae aloud.

So he used a makeshift plan.

"Follow me man! The other's are waiting!" A mimic of usual teenagers hanging about. A small idea to make it seem like Zero would be dragged away to meet up, not of unusual causes.

Brandon grabbed Zero's arm and took off, surprised at how few heads even turned to look at him. He ran, dragging the other until they were out of sight of others. No doubt Zero would strike as soon as he could, Brandon spoke quickly.

"Zero Ito. I know who you are. I know everything about you, in fact. I am Brandon. . . last name not needed. The fire that burned your house down? That was not of accident, no. But the fire was unearthly, which is why it could not be put out." He paused after rushing the words and let go. He was not attacked. "Do you want revenge, Zero? I can take you to where you can get it."

Then he gave the most serious look he could muster. "You are not human, Zero. This has all been rushed, but I want you to follow me. To a planet no one here knows about. Come with me to where you can fight for good.

Be a hero, Zero."
Back to top Go down
L.

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:57 pm

This man must be insane. But... Zero halted his hand for a fraction of a second, as if an invisible barrier blocked him off from his blade. Not quite. He unsheathed his pride and joy, as well as the only thing he had left from the fire. In a masterful sweep, Zero took this Brandon person straight to the way and pressed the cold and unforgiving metal against his throat in a fraction of a second. A simple maneuver. Although... Zero sheathed the luminescent dagger in his coat once more. Revenge. "You have thirty seconds to explain. And counting. One, two..."
Back to top Go down
BlackEndWhite

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:44 pm

"You shouldn't count, especially if you only know how to slash with a knife. By the time you had the blade at my throat, I could have filled your body with electricity."

It wasn't a lie, Brandon was very fast at attacking; anyone would be after being a warrior for six years. But it didn't matter, he had business to be done, not accomplishments to be remembering.

"You are Pugnaian, a race similar to humans but with power. Supernatural in fact. And you're in a choice: stay on Earth as no one, or come with me and be my partner. We have evil to destroy." His face was in a serious expression.

"In just a few minutes I could be teaching you how to fight. Of course you'll have rules to follow, like not killing any of your fellow warriors." A smirk crept onto his face. "Warriors. Spirit Warriors. You'll be taking on missions with me."

Just by a sense, Brandon knew he was convincing enough, or so he thought. It did not seem like Zero would actually try to argue about going. But he knew that it would take a bit more to prove he wasn't lying. And he knew just what he would do.

He raised a hand, and instantly a charge of lightning started to move around it in a random circuit.

"Join us."
Back to top Go down
L.

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:11 pm

"A common mistake, there's a small difference between knives and shinbus. But nonetheless.." Zero stopped, looked over his shoulder, and sighed. "Damnit."
"You got the money?" Zero took note of the three hooded thugs blocking the exit.
"We agreed the twenty-fourth," Zero resumed his bored, business like tone.
"Well something came up. Boss wants it now."
"Do you ever stop to wonder what happened to the collectors before you?"
"Don't matter, three of us, one of you. Kill him." It was Zero's time to show off. The first gunshot rang, and Zero glanced the bullet off the wicked-sharp cryogenic-platinum blade, pulling it upward out of its sheath. Without a second's hesitation, he leaped towards who seemed the leader of the trio, intercepted the forth-coming punch by twisting his arm around the offender and pulled him downward, cramming the shinbu into his collarbone. There was no time to pull the blade out. Bang. The next shot fired, then a second in quick succession. Zero jumped up then kicked off the nearby wall toward his next victim. He grabbed the barrel of the .22 pistol, and crushed it with sheer force. Bang. No time to finish him. He dead-man-dropped to the floor, bringing the street soldier down with him. Bang. This time Zero pulled the enemy's body into the path of the bullet, letting him feel the unrelenting power, and in the next second, pushed the limp body into the last standing, causing him to stumble. In this instant of opportunity, Zero kicked with an expert sweep, knocking the fool to the floor. He pulled the now crimson blade from the long dead body with a sickening crunching and squishing noise, and finished the last.
"You can get me out of here, then?"
Back to top Go down
BlackEndWhite

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:28 pm

"....."

Brandon made no comment. Zero obviously knew how to use his powers, even if he didn't know how to control elements. He, on the other-hand, could use his powers profoundly. Ranking higher up than thousands, but not quite at the top. He shook his head at the dead bodies, then turned to his new partner.

A small smirk appeared. "Yeah, I can get us home."

He ran at Zero, and rammed into him, his hand pressing the button to transport them.

Suddenly, they were in the black room, the women staring at them.
Back to top Go down
L.

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Zero's wild look in his eyes dissipated quickly after he realized he wasn't under attack. Nobody understood is paranoia. He was under constant surveillance. By whom, he wan't sure. But it's always there. After a quick glance over his shoulder, then another to Brandon, he outstretched his hand to the woman to shake hands. "It's a common human courtesy, I'm not if you follow it but..."
Back to top Go down
BlackEndWhite

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Brandon pulled Zero away. "Forget this old hag, I have to show you how to use your powers." He knew there was no door. He liked it this way. The Demon of Electricity he was called. Wasn't there a video game on Earth about some guy using electric powers? Heh. He would be no match for Brandon. Suddenly there was an electric current floating around his hands and a sharp bolt struck the wall in front. Though only Ellen and Brandon knew it was there, to Zero it was infinite darkness. Suddenly a light shone through the outside.

"This place looks a lot like Earth. Surely you won't get confused," he explained, jumping out.
Back to top Go down
L.

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Zero stepped through the new doorway, having learned not to question. Brandon wasn't wrong, it was a lot like his old home. Home. The name was a stretch, granted he lived on the street after the burning of his house. But.. He knew how to fight, how to talk, and how to keep his head low, so it was safe enough and he knew his way around, so it was as much a home as any other. There was a difference however. If it was the people or just the was the city was built, something about it was powerful, almost sheltering. "It just may do," Zero muttered, almost to himself.
Back to top Go down
BlackEndWhite

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Brandon grabbed onto Zero's shoulder. "This way," he said, walking off in a different direction. "We have a certain training facility for newbies like you."
Back to top Go down
L.

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:14 pm

"Fair enough," Zero conceded, although he'd rather explore the city. "Tell me, if I'm from here what was I doing on Earth in the first place?"
Back to top Go down
BlackEndWhite

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:50 pm

"Who fuckin' knows man? You're my homie now got it?" Brandon said, breaking his previous act. "I gotta show you how to use your cool new powers," he smirked, leading his friend into a building. As soon as he entered the door shut and lights came on, revealing an empty room. "Practice match!" brandon screamed loudly, and suddenly a wooden dummy came up.

"Now.. just.. attack it. You can't break it. But try to use your powers. Use.. your mind? It's confusing," he said.

(rushed it.)
Back to top Go down
L.

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 pm

"My mind.. Right." Vague instructions, but Zero knew there wouldn't be any further explaining. He took a slow breath and closed his eyes. Nothing. "Focus, dammit!" he thought. Through what seemed like hours he just stood and though, until the world just seemed to break off. It was almost as if he had found a section of his mind never used, and he was completely weightless and unconcerned for the rest of the world. It was just him, and his target. Slowly, and almost guided, he rose his arm, and the air seemed to shimmer and distort as the dummy flinched. Zero crumbled, exhausted.
Back to top Go down
BlackEndWhite

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 am

"That has to be the only time I've said 'use your mind' and someone ended up being psychic," Brandon laughed. Nice, nice. He needed training. A lot of it. "You must be tired. Now do it again." Brandon grew bored and started shooting powerful lightning at the dummy. It was a lightning rod though, unbreakable for him. Or anyone for that matter.
Back to top Go down
L.

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:25 pm

"Just doing what you said," Zero sighed, "Guess it gets easier, huh?" This time he knew what he was doing, the focus was sharper, and the attack quicker, stronger. But Zero knew it was no match for even the weakest. He'd have to train. Starting from the bottom. Again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Recruit Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Recruit   The Recruit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Recruit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
streetkidsrp :: Where Calvin and I cease our boredom. :: Spirit Warriors-
Jump to: